senior manager, senior ux & ix designer
As the Sr User Experience (UX) & Interaction Design (IxD) Manager I guide, train and grow a highly motivated and valued Global UX/IxD team. Primarily focused on building UX/IxD strategy and developing processes to elevate UI design as it relates to mobile and website properties at Staples. Proven UX/IxD skills, with an ability to also mentor and effectively provide guidance on business strategy and e-commerce standards through usability best practices, Voice of the Client, competitive analysis and personal experience.
- Develops, plans, and implements multiyear web programs and strategic initiatives for Staples mobile and website properties. Able to translate business strategy into web direction.
- Develops, coaches, sets and evaluates individual objectives to help grow skills.
- Develops, implements, and communicates a strategic vision using the principles of User Centered Design.
- Leverages understanding of the business' clients, people, processes and technology to balance the needs of the business and the users with the technology to create optimal outcomes.
- Builds relationships with IT partners and formulates innovative technology solutions to business problems.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of projects and is proactive in finding opportunities for reuse. Communicates with peers to ensure proper integration with other projects.
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape; providing this information to the Business and IT to help shape mobile and web vision.
- Proactively keeps business areas and management informed project status. Manages scope while taking business need, fiscal responsibility, and risk into consideration.
- Acts as an advocate of user centered design and emerging web technology; promoting Staples’ position as an industry leader in services and technology.
- Uses and interprets web metrics and user behavior to inform web direction
art director, senior ux & ix designer
Spearhead business development and client initiatives that involve Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Content Strategy and User Research. Work collaboratively with Creative, Technology and Strategy to create compelling, insight-driven, experiences. Ability to set the course for the larger team and justify the direction to the client through a user-centered design process. Ability to drive solutions and concepts through a process from 'ideate', to 'articulate', and on to supporting the construction/execution of user experience concepts.
- Review market and competitive intelligence, business drivers, needs and strategies with business and technology partners to understand implications for existing or new interfaces; ensure customer point of view is represented in business, interface and technology decision making.
- Participate in various customer research efforts to define customer-driven interface requirements.
- Produce site maps, user flows, wireframes, low- and high-fidelity prototypes and final page layouts and functional specification deliverables for hand-off to technology.
- Provide guidance to Content Managers to define and develop content to support customers' online interactions.
- Perform high-fidelity usability testing to validate interface designs with end-users.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the site usability and the overall quality of the site design, organization and structure.
- Develop and uphold user interface and site design guidelines to support site evolution and redesigns.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with proposed user interfaces and suggest ways to effectively mitigate those risks.
- Provide guidance to ensure effective translation of user interface designs during technical implementation.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT): test participant, issue identification and resolution.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon project milestones.
- Work effectively within team to identify and resolve issues.
- Identify/mitigate risks to delivering solution on time.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
louis m. gerson co, inc.
Responsible for leading and contributing to technical innovation by providing leadership in the development of user interface designs. Developed new capabilities and provided interface solutions to an extensive range of complex and ambiguous problems. Involved leading decision-making at the task level within a project, with a key role in defining the technical approach and setting directions. Managed a range of small to major project tasks. In addition, generated ideas for new proposals and business development opportunities, and enhanced technical/professional skills of junior staff through active mentoring and training.
- Interacted with sales, ad operations, and product management to understand business and product requirements.
- Led the design and development of world class graphical user interfaces.
- Implemented a user focused design and development process, including usability and performance testing and analysis.
- Managed and grew a team of UX designers and developers.
- Provided support and coached best UX practices to publishers implementing ad monetization API and SDK.
bx technologies, inc.
creative director, senior web designer
Served as a project planner and worked hands-on to revamp UI/UX initiatives. Played a key role in developing and executing creative strategy around user-centered design (UCD) activities, mixing business and user goals to create memorable online experiences for users. Created intuitive and engaging user experiences with a modern, balanced, clean and concise design sense.
- Project planning and communication across technology, sales and business development
- Helped to define the user model and user interface for new and existing Associated Content products and features.
- Developed high level detailed storyboards, created mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction.
- Conducted eye-tracking studies, A/B testing and focus groups for gathering feedback.
- Gauged the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
crabtree & evelyn
associate creative director, senior web designer, freelance designer
Created communication pieces for the marketing and sales of “high-touch” products. Managed, developed and rolled out a complete re-branding of multi-item premium product lines for print and online.
- Collaborated with creative team, marketing and sales staff to create effective design campaigns.
- Created new design themes for marketing and collateral materials.
- Managed, developed and rolled out a complete re-branding of multi-item premium product lines for print.
creative graphics, inc.
senior designer, graphic designer
Developed and presented a strong corporate image in the industry; direct involvement in marketing and production. Responsible for all marketing activity, extending the company’s market presence, managing all public image and packaging activities, and contributed significantly to the growth of the company.
- Established, managed, and maintained the visual identity of the company; developed and maintained corporate branding guidelines; worked cross-functionally with creative, development, and sales teams to assure consistency across company deliverables.
- Provided art direction, design and development of corporate presence through print and web mediums.
- Participated in production of print and online promotional items for key clients.
- Gained hands-on experience in every aspect of print production.